- Andrew McKean, Renfrewshire Council
- Hilary Roberts, Fife Council
- To attend and provide input to the SLAED Executive Group in relation to tourism across Scotland, providing sub-group minutes prior to their meetings.
- To attend and provide input to STERG, the Tourism Task Force and any further management groups in relation to tourism across Scotland.
- To work collaboratively at a local, regional, national level to identify projects of scale that will assist in the delivery of Local Authority targets within the National Tourism Strategy: Tourism 2030.
- To identify Local Authority Tourism and Industry issues and work towards influencing change.
- To provide a forum for Economic Development Officers with a remit for tourism to meet and share and learn from best practice models/activity.
- To provide a forum which circulates the latest updates on new developments and initiatives. Ensuring good communication between Local authorities in relation to the issues being faced by the tourism sector and identifying areas for possible joint working/collaboration.
- Collaborate and partner with key national agencies e.g. Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Island Enterprise, VisitScotland, Scottish Tourism Alliance, ASVA and including the newly formed South of Scotland Enterprise others to identify opportunities for joint working.
- To assist with the development of local area tourism strategies/action plans providing input to support officers where relevant.
- Input to debate and discussions on the new National Tourism Strategy: Ambition 2030 and ensure all Local Authority members views are fed to Scottish Government, STERG, Tourism Taskforce and the Tourism Leadership Group.
- Address key tourism issues impacting Local Authorities (COVID 19, Brexit, Collaborative Economy, Labour Workforce, Budget Pressures) and working together to tackle issues presented by COVID 19 and address issues coming forward from industry as a collective group.
- Collaborate and partner with agencies e.g. roll out of business support from Scottish Enterprise, HIE, Business Gateway, VisitScotland on specific programmes such as COVID Business Support Funds, Specific LA interventions in relation to COVID or Rural Infrastructure Development Fund. Continued working with agencies around Covid support initiatives including direct funding to LA’s to manage.
- Provide a forum for LA Economic Development Officers to pull together in response to COVID working with each other, government agencies and other Council services to ensure the group are updated quickly as to the various new regulations being developed e.g. Environmental Health, Licencing, Planning etc
- Deliver a forum that is engaging/impactful which will share opportunities for continuous professional development for SLAED Tourism Group members. It will develop a call programme with representatives from the key support agencies to work towards a collaborative approach to Tourism Development.