|Chairperson||Ishabel Bremner (Argyll and Bute Council)|
|Deputy Chairperson(s)||Pamela Stevenson (Fife Council)|
Rory Young (Dundee Council)
|Member Without Portfolio||Sharon Thomson (Glasgow City Council)|
|People Group Chair|
Ruth Cooper (Renfrewshire Council)
|Business Group - Co Chair Approach||Allan Conry (North Lanarkshire Council)|
Graham Smith (Glasgow City Council)
|EU Funding Group Chair||Malcolm Leitch (Glasgow City Council)|
|Performance Group Chair||Gary Hughes, (Aberdeenshire Council)|
|Rural Group Chair||Juliette Cooke, (Dumfries & Galloway Council)|
|Tourism Group Chair||Tracey Martin (Falkirk Council)|
The Executive is a decision-making body, setting and approving SLAED’s policy position on most issues in line with its Mission Statement and Objectives, and giving direction to strategic and thematic groups in respect of SLAED business and operations.
The Executive also has oversight of organisational and governance issues across SLAED.
- Coordinate and review strategic and thematic group remits and work programmes (on a rolling basis); advise and direct groups as appropriate to maintain consistency in approaches across SLAED as a whole.
- Take regular feedback from strategic and thematic groups on their operation and business; including outcomes on topical issues and policy approaches agreed. Advise and direct groups as appropriate.
- Annual SLAED Conference: the Executive will set the theme and conference programme, in consultation with others as appropriate, and instruct those appointed to make the necessary arrangements for effective running of a topical, relevant and informative annual conference.
- General group meetings: in addition to annual conference, the Executive will arrange and host at least 2 other meetings during the year, one of which will coincide with the SLAED AGM
- Develop position statement advisory notes for appropriate briefings to government, ministers, SOLACE & COSLA
- Protocol for SOLACE/COSLA briefings