- Allan Comry (North Lanarkshire Council)
- David Gardener (Dumfries and Galloway Council)
- Graham Smith (Glasgow City Council)
- To share knowledge and experiences and to encourage roll-out of best practice in relation to Scottish local authorities’ involvement in business start-up, business sustainability and company growth support.
- To debate and agree SLAED’s policy and approach to current and emerging issues, engaging COSLA, Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise, SDI and others as appropriate; enabling a strong voice on behalf of local authorities and providing a clear mandate for any representatives to speak on behalf of SLAED on issues related to inward investment, international trade, innovation, inclusive growth, social enterprise, cooperative development, business start-up, SME support, business engagement and local economic impact of businesses.
- To provide a forum for members to raise any issues or questions within a closed and supportive network, offering a shared approach to problem-solving.
- To review performance, promote achievements and challenge each other towards continuous improvement and professional development.
- To promote greater awareness of the achievements and capabilities of LA economic and business development in Scotland, to government, the business community and the wider public.
To be updated.